The Children of Fire Initiative have claimed responsibility for a series of actions as part of their ongoing “Newroz Fire” operation. In their statement, the Initiative addressed the Turkish state: “You will taste the scorching heat of fire everywhere if the barbarities against the Kurdish people are not stopped, if the Kurds are not liberated like other peoples of the world, if you do not recognize the status of the ancient country Kurdistan.”
The full statement is as follows:
The flames of the Newroz Fire continue to roast fascist mobs everywhere. It is obvious that they trying to turn the people of Kurdistan into fascist, collaborative yes-men. You will taste the scorching heat of fire everywhere if the barbarities against the Kurdish people are not stopped, if the Kurds are not liberated like other peoples of the world, if you do not recognize the status of the ancient country Kurdistan.
We are the ones who never believed in your brotherhood. We are the Kurds that you have not been able to dissolve despite all kinds of bullying, ugliness and religous exploitation for a hundred years. We are everywhere to engulf you with the flames of the Newroz Fire.
– On March 19, 2020, a 3-story house where police and soldier families stayed in Antalya was set on fire. The fire caused great material damage to the fascist gangs.
– On 19 March 2020, the recycling plant previously burned in Sakarya was once again burned and the rebuilt facility became ash for the second time.
– On March 20, 2020, a 3-story office was burned in Esenyurt, Istanbul. The flames of the Newroz fire turned the workplace into ash.
– A nuts factory was set on fire in Gümüşler Neighbourhood in Denizli, and the fire caused massive damage to rich and fascist barons.
– On 19 March, Newroz Celebration fires were lit in İzmir-Menemen and Muğla-Dalaman.
(via Nûçe Ciwan)